Facial Ageing Facts
- Facial Ageing used to be regarded mainly as gravity assisted sagging of the soft tissues of the face. Recent research has shown that bony changes can also contribute to facial ageing. As we grow older the facial muscles thin down and put less strain on the bones, causing the bones to become weaker. On the face this can be seen as flattening of the cheek bones.
- Cosmetic surgeons think of the face in terms of a triangle. In youth the base of the triangle is at the cheeks and the point is at the chin. As we get older the triangle reverses. The formation of the jowls means that the base of the triangle is now at the chin and the tip goes upwards towards the nose.
- Up until now surgery was the only answer to reverse the triangle. But after a short time the soft tissues would sag again. Now there is another answer – the Oralift® Facial Rejuvenation. This can reverse the triangle and seem to put the ageing process into reverse gear.
By wearing the Oralift® appliance, a larger space in between the upper and lower teeth is created and the muscles alter to let the jaw rest in a new position.As they adapt to this new position, the muscles appear to become more toned and trigger the body’s natural healing process, counteractiing the effects of facial ageing.
When a patient wears the Oralift® appliance, the exercise being done by the musles is being done passively. It is believed that the muscles involved in this process are not just facial but head and neck. The appliance only has to be worn for short periods and the muscles on the face immediately realise that this appliance is something that cannot be chewed or eaten. The muscles therefore adapt by altering their fibres to create a new resting length and a new “free way space”. Every person is an individual and their regime will be tailored to the way they respond to the treatment.
Remarkable Benefits –
- Reduced lines around the mouth, eyes and face in general
- Reduced bags under the eyes
- Increased fullness of the lips
- More prominent cheekbones
- Tightened and strengthened facial muscles
- Improved complexion and hair quality
- Strenghtening and firming of the jawl line and neck
- Closed and repaired pores
- Improved head posture